Offered on campus
The M.A. program strives:
- to offer students an intense program in the analysis of African American issues;
- to expose students to both historical and current methodological approaches;
- to expose students to issues throughout the African diaspora;
- to refine critical and problem-solving skills in both the humanities and social sciences;
- to extend a sound basis for those going into a doctoral program; and
- to prepare students for administrative, teaching, communication, and social service careers.